Sturgis Bank & Trust Company
Personal Login
Business eBanking Login
Internet Banking FAQs
Forgot Your Password?
Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn 
Ducks at the Park
Printer ViewYou Are Here: How Do I Protect Minor Children Or Those With Special Needs?
Many young families protect their minor children by creating a trust within their will. The trust is designed to preserve and protect the assets left for a minor child. Working closely with the child's Guardian, the trust department manages the assets in a manner designed to help meet current bills plus provide for future expenses like college.

Families with special needs children often establish trusts to help protect the family member for their lifetime. These trusts are designed to preserve all government benefits to which the individual is entitled and to enhance the quality of life by providing funds for items not covered by public benefits.